Motivated and ambitious Architectural Technologist required
Due to our growing workload, we are looking to recruit a motivated and ambitious Architectural Technologist/Technician to supplement our Oxford team in working on a diverse range of projects that typically start at £1m with our most prestigious to date at £50m.
You can expect to earn between £28,000 and £30,000 dependant on experience.
Johnston Cave Associates is an established architectural practice which specialises in private house work of the highest quality, often involving work to historic buildings. We also focus upon sensitive conservation works and our architects are responsible for looking after several churches.
The span of work that we are involved with is varied and interesting, with opportunities to work with fine materials and alongside skilled artisans.
One minute you could be working on drawing up the intricate details for a country Church, the next tackling the rejuvenation of a Grade II* manor house or the remodelling and extension of a London town house - always using the finest materials and craftsmanship available.
The role will involve working closely with the a team of friendly and highly skilled project architects to develop initial designs into fully-resolved working drawing packages, and to prepare schedule and specification packages for tender action.
At JCA we pride ourselves in being an experienced team of professionals that work together to ensure the highest quality in both the information we provide and in the completed buildings.
Currently we are working on a 1,200m2 new private house in Oxfordshire, a 700m2 new build on the Thames, creating a new hilltop house in Oxfordshire, extensive repairs and alterations to a 17th Century manor house in Northamptonshire amongst many others which is why we need your help.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an important part of that team and to further develop your career.
Required Skills and Experience
• Be proficient in compiling project schedules, specifications and preparing technical details for both tender action and communication with other professionals
• Have detailed knowledge of building products and construction details, and be familiar with the latest revisions of the Approved Documents
• Be experienced in preparing and collating submissions to local planning authorities and Building Control
• Posses a good grounding in traditional construction methods and ideally, have an understanding of conservation techniques
• Have excellent AutoCAD and IT skills
• Enjoy working in a team environment and being able to demonstrate excellent communications skills.
Salary and Package
The position is offered on a permanent, full time basis at a competitive salary and pension scheme.
For more information and to apply, please send your cv, some project examples and a covering letter to: Mrs G Jones, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take it from there.